Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network issues

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Okay, for starts, I have Windows Vista (32) and I run Internet Explorer. I got a new computer about a month ago, but I've been having some issues with it.

First issue, is that whenever I'm on the internet (with the use of a wireless router) I would suddenly lose the internet at intervals. The only way I can solve the itnernet issue is if I unplug and replug the wireless router. Is there a method to prevent my router from losing its connection to the internet?

The other problem is with Internet Explorer. If I run multiple windows on the same program, I would suddenly get a message saying that Internet explroer is checking for a problem on why it would stop responding, then would reset the program completely (meaning that all the windows that were opened through one running IE program would close, and reopen the IE program back to my homepage.) This never happened to me before on my old computer or on my dad's laptop, so I'm wondering how to work around this issue.

Advertisements

10Ck3D

10Ck3D

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
this helped me when internet explorer was not responding:

Open Regedit (Start->Run REGEDIT) and browse to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects

If you get there, you will see few keys (look like folders) that are in numbers and alphabets.
Delete all of them. ex. {333URHGRIHR84594U3U2HHB4Y}

the registry is very important to your computer please go file->export in regedit

basically exporting a copy of your registry will ensure that if something goes wrong you maybe able to go back to previous settings

try this if it doesn't work we'll try something else :)