Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New GPU...advice on PSU please

• Please log in to reply

ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Guys.

looking for a little bit of advice with regards to a graphics card i'm thinking of buying.

I have been offered a good deal on an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO card (details here, but i am unsure whether i will be able to use the card with my current PSU.

My PC is a Packard Bell iStart 1369, details here, although I have upgraded to 2gb RAM and a 360gb HDD.

I am looking to upgrade from my current onboard graphics, as i am wanting to run a dual minitor set up.

Advertisements

Axelion

Axelion

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Sometimes GPU pulls more power from what it should be.
400 watts PSU is enough :)

ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
That's great, thanks for the info!

so is my PSU 400watt? I couldn't really tell from the info, as I didn't really know what I was looking for.

Thanks,
ibizaGTi

Axelion

Axelion

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I did not know how much watts your PSU has. The site doesn't seem to include the information either.
Go to their support center and ask the information on the PSU.

Another option for you, I won't recommend you to do this but you can open the case and take a look at the side of the PSU, see if you can find the label and find that says "Max Output Power". If you can't find the label, it could be on the other side which you won't be able to see unless you plug off all the cords and unscrewed the PSU out the case.

Edited by Axelion, 17 November 2008 - 07:33 PM.