Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burning Software

• Please log in to reply

uneek

uneek

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ever since I installed Xp on my girlfriends computer (From ME) we have had problems with burning devices.

She had Adaptec Cd burning software installed when she bought the PC. But since the upgrade it will not work at all and directs me to their site for an upgrade, which costs a whopping $70.

So I tried downloading a few free programd from download.com, including RealPlayer. But there are still problems with burning CDs.

I have tried everything the realplayer site help said to do including turning down the write speed as well as adding a 2 second gap between tracks.

Has anyone else had these problems or are there any advice out there?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what version of adaptec was it?

what kind of errors are you getting?

uneek

uneek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I uninstalled adaptec as I wasnt paying for an upgrade,especially at that price.

Using RealPlayer, and a few others, I get driver errors. I installed the new ones from Real Players site and still get those errors as well as writing errors. But these never occured when using it on ME.

Sometimes a CD will burn with no problems at all and then the next time I try it it stops halfway through.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you tried different media?

you can download a trial version of nero from nero.com. this would give us a good balance in software to determine better what the issue is.

Starjax

olamoree

olamoree

• Pip
  • 5 posts
There MAY be a problem with Nero 6.6.0.13 burning CD's..... I upgraded from 6.6.0.8 and on burn, "freezes" at 4% or 11% and does NOT burn on the blank nor say Not Responding and is killed easily with End Task IF RUNNING, if Not Responding then need to reset computer as it appears that HDD lite is stuck ON. Everything slows to a crawl but CPU usage is only 2%...... running XP SP1a on NEC 3520A burner. Any suggestions? Thanks.