Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a program to help with dual monitors

• Please log in to reply

CakeCake

CakeCake

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just recently set up a dual monitor set up. It works fine but I don't like it when I move to the other monitor to select something, the full screen program on the other is minimized. I'd like a way to move from 1 monitor to the other without having a full screen program minimized. Is there a program or application that could do this? I'd like to know.

Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this is largely dependent on your video card and video drivers. What video card are you using?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i use MultiMon taskbar (listed as MMTaskbar PRO)...it gives you a second taskbar (with a clock) on your second monitor....but it also puts a little arrow button next to the minimize/maximize buttons in the top corner of each program's title bar....if you click that it shifts the program to the other monitor in the same state that it's in when you open it....of course this only works for things with title bars

Wyful

Wyful

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my video card is a S3 graphics ProSavage DDR

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts

I'd like a way to move from 1 monitor to the other without having a full screen program minimized.

I've only seen a few programs that actually support this. Selecting the other desktop is the same as selecting something on your actual desktop. It puts focus on something else thus minimizing the application.

I use UltraMon for my dual-screen setup needs.

Regards,
Olrik

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
+1 Ultramon user