Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Dissapeared

• Please log in to reply

Anastasia M.A

Anastasia M.A

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi, so recently I have had HUGE problem with trojan viruses. I thought I got them all, but it's obvious I didnt.
My printers dissapeared one day (HP officejet v40) from my installed printers. A minor frustration in my life, I assure you, but I just downloaded the drivers again, and everything went well.

Now, my printers are totally gone, but the drivers still say they are installed. Windows installer won't let me install any new printers!!

I also can not use Microsoft Internet Explorer.
And my safari keeps shutting down with weird messages about some Dr.Ugobond something needs to close (?!)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't know where to go from here. And sadly, my printer needs to be working. Mid terms are a cooking.

Attached File  hjt.txt   9.66KB   177 downloads

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Just a polite reminder that HJT logs should be posted here only: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Anastasia M.A

Anastasia M.A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Sorry, I thought maybe it was a virus that could be causing the problem, so I have provided it. Should I move my topic there?

Quick note:

last night I removed all printer drivers, rebooted, and installed again. As soon as installation was almost finished I received the message:

Printer driver was not installed. operation could not be completed.

and also

an error occured during the installation of this device, the environment specified is invalid.