Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tanatos.m

• Please log in to reply

paulus_johnes

paulus_johnes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
tanatos.m infected my machine. then tried to follow your steps posted on one of your forums. but of no good result. it started from a removable media, then avg freaks out, and reports every second that theres an infection,literally, on every program running on my pc. But, avg cant seem to fix the problem. so, i tried to look for answers on your site -- found one, and followed the instructions. ---- downloaded combofix, then scanned, rebooted, then downloaded malwarebytes, scanned, hjt scanned. but with no positive result. the virus, seem to block users to open programs. cant access add/remove, cant uninstall/install/cant access task manager.
while, accessing add/remove -- there was an error message saying that rundll32 is missing. so what i did is search for it, then copy and past it on windows\system32 folder. by doing so, ive managed to access add/remove. but while i was uninstalling programs, like hp officejet all-in-one software, it shows another error message saying , not sure about this, msins is missing , or is it .ins or .msi So unstalling isnt possible --and so with the installing.

Advertisements