Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus! How can I fix my PC?

• Please log in to reply

krissiauskl

krissiauskl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI, I am Kristina and new to the site.

I have a huge problem with my pc and no clue how to fix it.

It's an american PC the german version of Windows XP on it.

For a few days now I believe I have a virus.
My computer shuts of whenever it wants, runs very slow and constantly has a pop up that asks me to either allow or block a program that is attempting to use the internet.
It is C:\windows.o/system32\dPl02\dPl022328.exe
I also noticed a new program called RON Tool Netupbanner, that I can not remove or locate on my PC....

By the way....I barely have a clue about any of the technical stuff of computers, can you guys help? Pleeease! :)

Edited by krissiauskl, 18 November 2008 - 01:01 PM.

Advertisements

krissiauskl

krissiauskl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please, can anybody help me with this?

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi krissiauskl, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Thanks for your patience while we look through your post. Please remember that we are all volunteers here with our own lives to lead, jobs to work, and families to raise, so we aren't able to respond to every single post in such a short amount of time - three hours in this case. Please be patient with us as we make sure that you get the help that you need.

Please follow all of the instructions in this link to clean up about 80% of your virus problems. If the issue hasn't been resolved in steps 1 - 4, follow the instructions in Step Five of that post to post a Hijack This! log for us to look at. When you post your Hijack This! log, be sure to post it in a New Topic in the Malware Removal forum.

Good luck!

Edited by The Admiral, 18 November 2008 - 02:29 PM.