Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple rundll32

• Please log in to reply

Sebastian S.

Sebastian S.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been having this problem for quite some time now, and I'm not sure how it started in the first place. Basically, I have multiple rundll32 files running. It's not so much of a problem as it is a nuisance, but because of this I will usually receive rundll errors out of the blue that I have to keep closing. They usually come up when I open new windows or when I begin to install a new program. I have included my HijackThis log below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://img523.images...ultiplesuh8.jpg

Edited by Rorschach112, 18 November 2008 - 11:06 AM.
removed log, read the rules please

Advertisements

cyclic

cyclic

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
rundll32.exe files in taskmanager are not always any problem, that .exe is used literally tu run a .dll file as an application and is used for allsorts of things.
You will notice for instance that whilst they are all host applications that they are running in different accounts, 2 are logged on by the system and one by your name.
Up to 3 running is nothing to be concerned about, you would find that trying to terminate them would likely crash the system.
More on Rundll32 here which will explain it better than I could, the overwhelming message though is, it's not a problem.

Sebastian S.

Sebastian S.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks! That website explained a lot.