Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB Flash Drive Data recovery help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zkm1223

zkm1223

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi,

i was using my usb flash drive 8gb yesterday and it was working fine. then today when i plugged it into my pc and tried opening it from my computer, i get the following message:

"the disk in drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format now?"

the problem is that i need the data stored in the USB urgently as its my coursework for college.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Have you tried the flash drive in another computer to try to eliminate the drive or the computer?

loli0824

loli0824

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I just suffered the same problems yesterday! I don't know what can I do now?

KyraS.

KyraS.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I just got that problem as well. It was working fine, but now it's not. I've tried it in my latop (which has windows 2000), the main computer (windows XP) and another laptop (windows vista) and I still get the same message. The data is very important to me. Any help?

plac

plac

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
You guys might try reading the drives from your phone or smart tv, friend's PC, or work/school. I backup my work files to google docs daily (5gb free storage), plus 2nd backup to a USB SCSI pocket drive. No USB sticks for me unless they're SANDISK. Amazon Cloud is also 5gb free storage. HEADS UP! Keep your work on the cloud...