Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't connect to internet after formatting harddrive...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So I had some problems with my Gateway computer that has Windows XP. I formatted it and finally got my desktop to pull up. But I have no sound devices or other basics so I figured I could get these updates online but no matter what I do I can't get the internet to connect and pull up a web page even if I directly connect it to my computer. I'm using Internet Explorer. Anybody have any clues? thanks.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi Micah, welcome to Geeks to Go!

It looks like you are already being helped by mohater in this thread. Let's stick to that one thread so that we don't get confused or step on mohater's feet. Please continue to post in that thread for any issues regarding your newly installed Windows XP.

Edited by The Admiral, 18 November 2008 - 02:36 PM.