I am planning on building decent gaming and general use computer for college next year.
I am going to buy all my parts this Black Friday (hoping for low prices).
It is a my first time building a computer so any useful tips will be very helpful and appreciated.
I am very good at figuring stuff out and manuals always make sense for me.
My budget is around $1300 and is pretty flexible and if there is a large difference in performance i am willing to go to $1500.
Here are a few options that i have thought of and are definitely not the final build.
I am for familiar with Intel so my choices are Intel but i am willing to go AMD if it is wiser choice and the same goes for Nvidia/ATI.
I am also considering a Intel i7 and DDR3 building, any opinions on that?
* 1st Choice: Cooler Master Cosmos S
* 2nd Choice: Cooler Master HAF 932
Not so familiar. Suggestions?
* EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Also need suggestions.
*CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
AMD or Intel?
* 1st Choice: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83ghz
* 2nd Choice: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.63 ghz
Not sure... again.
* 1st Choice: Cooler Master V8 (if it is available by black friday)
I think the red led and black theme would look awesome with my case choices.
* 2nd Choice: Cooler Master Hyper z600
* OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
* XFX PVT98WYDFH GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB
Also considering SLI'ing this card if it is worth the price or getting a GTX 260.
No idea at all. <$100 or none at all.
Thank you everyone who read through this list and considered the possibility of helping me.
Any suggestions or help is very appreciated.
Edited by AngelWingzX, 18 November 2008 - 11:40 PM.