Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft Unlocking Trial Account?

• Please log in to reply

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I recently downloaded the World of Warcraft Trial Version from Blizzard.com and am enjoying it VERY much, however I have a few questions regarding upgrading my Trial account to a regular paid account, as well as the size of the game on my HDD.

1) Am I able to upgrade my WoW Trial account with a pre-paid Game Card? Will the serial number unlock the account and make it a regular account?

I have heard numerous Yes' and No's and would like to know for sure.

2) How is it that the Trial Version is the full game, (from what I've heard) yet it only shows up as less than 400 MB in the Add or Remove Programs? The retail version is 6 GB is it not?

So if anyone has any answers from first hand experience or if you just know the answer to my troubles, please help me!

Thanks.

Advertisements

mrtypr

mrtypr

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Ive never played a trial version of the game. So im not 100 % sure it will make you account a regular account if you pay for a game card.

Im thinking your game is smaller because you may be missing patches. The Trial version may not have all these patches installed. The full game requires alot of patches and they are usually big ones. Because Blizzard adds new content to the game as time goes on.

Im assuming when you get a game card or pay online, and log in the game will make you download these patches. As the regular game always does

Edited by mrtypr, 23 November 2008 - 09:24 PM.

dragontree

dragontree

• Pip
  • 5 posts
You can only upgrade your account by buying a new cd-key. Prepaid gamecards only extend the time you can play. If you dont want to buy the CDs, then you can get the key from online stores where they e-mail you the key.