Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

--!Stop: 0X0000008E, The most loved Error of them all!

• Please log in to reply

Problemslikeme

Problemslikeme

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, it all started about a month or so ago where I would be on the computer/playing a popular MMO "World of Warcraft" and my computer would freeze and it would gather itself but everything turned VERY large and a "Driver" Stoped responding...I kind of forget, I nudged it off thinking it wasnt that big of a deal since I could restart it and it would be fine.. BUT just yesterday I was playing and it took a crap again, I didnt think anything of it so I restarted it and got....
STOP: 0X0000000A, (0x00012FF74,0x00000002,0X00000000,0X804E893F)..... The next day after my father system restored it ( and it didnt work) He got the following blue screen error AFTER restoring it.
STOP: 0X0000008E (0xC0000005, 0X806373FD, 0XF75C799C,0x00000000)

Saying "Try changing Video Adapters"
Begining dump of physical memory...

Now, I searched the web and really got no help on other forums so I would like to know if ANYONE has a solution, not someone saying that they have the current issue considering that gets me absolutely no where. A little more information I have to add is after I had the problems on WoW and before my father restored it I installed some drives for my computer model that upgraded Help and Support from HP, Graphics update, and a Soft Modem Update. These did not help at all... Please help here, I dont really feel like going and picking out another computer... World of Warcrft cant be the problem since I have been playing this for about 3 years.

HP-Pavilion a1140n Media Center PC

Advertisements

Problemslikeme

Problemslikeme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Bump, come on guys help me out here

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what happens if you run in safe mode...
what video card do you have installed...

Problemslikeme

Problemslikeme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Im in Safemode, currently only mode I can be in and it wont let me check my video card but when I run in safe mode it runs fine... nothing wrong at all..

Problemslikeme

Problemslikeme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
More bump, take a look at this please.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
key is this...