Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora and Downloaders Help

• Please log in to reply

Redwings20

Redwings20

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I have recently somehow gotten the Aurora spyware on my computer and it is driving me nuts. I have tried several solutions and tried to do it myself but I am not adept enough at the inner workings of computers. I was wondering if anyone could help me with removing. What reports, etc. do you need me to post.

Along with that, about a week after I got the Aurora stuck on my computer, I have a downloader that is stuck on my computer. When I start up my computer, eveything begins ok, but the "System" process in the Task Manager uses as close to 100% CPU usage at any given time. I have run an antivirus, Spy-Bot, and Ad-Aware. The scan located the file and identified it as a downloader but was unable to delete it becuase the process is in use. I have located the file and it is in the System32 directory under System. I then went and ended the process tree on the exe. All that does is the exe is killed and removed and a new one comes in its place. Here are some names of exe that it is using:
fvvqkk.exe
grjgwrf.exe
lcckmv.exe
osnmwcf.exe
kvbugki.exe
zcemwfy.exe
etc.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, or any idea what this is? I appreciate any help that can be provided on these issues.

Advertisements

Redwings20

Redwings20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just as an update, I have located a tool that appears to remove Aurora. I have not had any cases of it since I used it. Here is the link:

Link Removed

Unfortunately that was not the cause of my high CPU usage by the "System" taskl. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Edited by rstones12, 11 May 2005 - 12:59 AM.