Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fatal error

• Please log in to reply

ruffwatah

ruffwatah

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer locks up and I have to reboot to get computer on line again. It seems to happen when I am up on a web site after a few minutes. I get the message that:

Unable to find required data for screen saver. Please download and reinstall the game or switch screen saver.

Missing File c:\\ progam files\ big kahun reef\ data 3. bin

I would appreciate any suggestion on what to do.

Thanks,

ruffwatah

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
The missing file is not an essential Windows file, it's part of the "Big Kahuna Reef" game and screensaver.
You must either uninstall that or re-install it. Either option should remove the error.
There's a download page for it here: http://www.jakeludin...una_reef_2.html

You could instead select a different screensaver altogether in Display settings (or select "none" for screensaver). If you have an LCD monitor or laptop the need for a screensaver is much less than for a CRT monitor. LCD/TFT screens do not suffer from static image burn-in as CRT monitors do.
These days screensavers are really only for entertainment (and making money from those who can't resist buying them).

Edited by phillip22, 21 November 2008 - 06:10 AM.