Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

• Please log in to reply

parrothead16

parrothead16

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
We are having a problem when a user signs on to a new workstation using XP. Their default printer is set to the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. We have tried our best to train them to set their default to the proper printer, but that seems to be beyond their abilities. When they don't and attempt to print something, nothing happens and they end up attempting to print the document multiple times to no avail. The only time they call us to fix it is when the pc has slowed down to less than a crawl. My question, what, if anything, will happen if we simply delete the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer?

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Nothing. :)

I have found the easiest solution is to simply delete all of the printers except for the printer you want to print to. This can cause problems if you have multiple printers you wish to print to, but simply deleting the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer will not have any negative effects.

Good luck!

parrothead16

parrothead16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for the confirmation!! I figured that would be the case but always like to hear from others.