Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube videos won't play

• Please log in to reply

aaaa44

aaaa44

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Videos on Youtube won't play. When I type in the Youtube url it doesn't go to the Youtube page but to a page that looks like some king of my settings page. When I click on a video listed on that page I get a message saying: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player". I checked in IE, and JavaScript is activated, and I have installed and uninstalled Flash Player many times with and without the firewall activated and have rebooted after uninstalling and then installing. I use Firefox. Both when installing and uninstalling I am disconnected from the Internet and have the downloads box closed. I was able to play Youtube videos up until last night with no problems. Before playing any Youtube videos today I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy and ATF Cleaner. I have not been able to run any Youtube videos after running these programs today, so I think I deleted something with one of these programs which have prevented the Youtube videos from playing. When running ATF Cleaner the only thing I chose not to delete were my Firefox passwords. I can play Youtube videos imbedded in other sites. After installing, Flash Player is listed in control panel, but it's blank on the right hand side of the page for Flash Player where the size of the programs are listed. Flash Player is 1.8mb, and the the mb for much smaller programs are listed in cp. I believe I have had this problem before but was able to resolve it. Thanks for any replies.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
I would try downloading Flash Player and reinstalling it and see if that helps.