Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accessing orig.HDD files, now slave w/psswrd avalible.

• Please log in to reply

filsgood

filsgood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Anybody know how to access my now 2nd HDD, here's the problem; Intel based PC took a dump (typical of emachines), built a replacement that’s now AMD base (XP SP3 would not allow for my original HDD to completely boot-up, goes to the XP option screen with no results keeps restarting, something about XP SP3 had some weird Intel only file that was real hard to access and delete, that does not allow a AMD base to start up, tried some info. w/o any results), reinstalled with another HDD and reinstalled software and my newly built PC does see and allows some access to my original HDD, witch is now a slave, but cannot retrieve my files and I even have the password (but no way input it), so can anybody HELP!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you need to take ownership of the files/folders on the drive

steps can be found Here