Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clearing up computer with 1 click

• Please log in to reply

stripesthegamer

stripesthegamer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Several times ive had people want to get there computer faster, i usually sit down for 1-3 hours uninstaling every program and having them tell me what they use, but this takes a long time when i would rather have a tool that will uninstall all 3rd party programs (programs that are not part of xp pro/home) Is there such a thing out there? if anyone knows please say, as i dont do repairs in fear of needing a cd key that i dont have or if they are invalid and need updates etc...thanks for answers

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
No such utility exists as far as I know. It's just a case of sitting down at the PC and going through the 'Add/Remove Programs" list.
Of course, not installing anything you don't really need in the first place is even better, since even uninstalling stuff still leaves traces of it behind
in various folders as well as the Registry.

For a really thorough clean-up job without fear of removing something vital to Windows, using the Recovery CD or MS Windows CD
to re-install Windows from scratch is the only way to achieve that and end up with a pristine, rubbish-free system. More PC users should learn how to do that for themselves if they want to be truly "computer literate" instead of relying on others. There are plenty of step-by-step tutorials on how to do that on the web.

For any problems they encounter during or after install, we are only to willing to help them.

Edited by phillip22, 21 November 2008 - 09:06 AM.

stripesthegamer

stripesthegamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
K well i guess i cant do the way i wanted to do it :/