Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

Snakehips

Snakehips

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I am having the Login-Logout prblem with Windows XP Pro Sp2. I recently ran a Spybot search and it fixed a few things. I restarted my PC and now its doing the login-logout thing. (I can see my account name, type password in, see my background for a second, then get logged out back to start screen again)

I have read a few of the Log in-Log off threads and seen a common style of fix for the problem.

My problem is - When I insert Win XP disc and go into Repair mode, it asks for Administrator password. I wasn't the one who set this PC up (and I wont be able to get into contact with him). I have tried leaving it blank (pressing enter), tried the server password (Work server computer, just incase original guy changed pass to that), tried my account password, tried the standard work password....

Nothing has worked, it gives me three tries then says "Incorrect password, Rebooting"

I need a way to get to the command prompt to try the fixes offered in other threads on this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dave

Advertisements

mohater

mohater

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hi,

I am having the Login-Logout prblem with Windows XP Pro Sp2. I recently ran a Spybot search and it fixed a few things. I restarted my PC and now its doing the login-logout thing. (I can see my account name, type password in, see my background for a second, then get logged out back to start screen again)

I have read a few of the Log in-Log off threads and seen a common style of fix for the problem.

My problem is - When I insert Win XP disc and go into Repair mode, it asks for Administrator password. I wasn't the one who set this PC up (and I wont be able to get into contact with him). I have tried leaving it blank (pressing enter), tried the server password (Work server computer, just incase original guy changed pass to that), tried my account password, tried the standard work password....

Nothing has worked, it gives me three tries then says "Incorrect password, Rebooting"

I need a way to get to the command prompt to try the fixes offered in other threads on this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dave

If you have a win2k disc, you can break the NTFS encryption if you boot from the disc and pick repair from the first menu option after booting from the CD.

That will dump you right to a command prompt and if you have a fix that only requires file extraction or deletion, you can get ir done.

Edited by mohater, 20 November 2008 - 08:49 PM.

Snakehips

Snakehips

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have fixed the problem using the info from this page : http://www.geekstogo...5-to218121.html

Thanks Geekstogo!
Legends!