Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows freezing for about 1 minute, then resuming as normal.

• Please log in to reply

JoeRazr

JoeRazr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Same problem here for months but seems fixed now

I got the instructions from an http://okidoke.wordpress.com site concerning nvstor.sys where he was having a similiar BSOD problem with Vista and nvstor32.sys and did this as a work around. Mine was only the occasional annoying Vista freeze problem that resumed after 15sec to a couple min as if nothing had happened except if you went to the Event Viewer you would see the standard event ID 129 warning "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued."

Using control panel I selected Device Manager I then selected selected the Nvidia/Sata Drivers that are suppose to contain nvstor32.sys which I right clicked on and selected ["update driver software"], ["browse my computer"], ["Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"] I then selected the “standard dual channel PCI IDE Controller” driver by Microsoft, rather that the Nvidia driver, with this installed I restarted the system. I then restrted my system again to complete it and haven't had the problem again.

Joe

Advertisements