Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card Reader Problem

• Please log in to reply

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Using a Syntax UCR-61 card reader, I cannot transfer files to my Sandisk 8 GB microSD card in the appropriate adapter. When the readeris hooked up with no card in it, 4 new drives appear on my PC, for the 4 slots on the reader. After inserting the SD card, if I try to open My Computer, it opens up a completely blank window which says "Not Responding" once clicked. If My Computer is already open, it locks up after I click on anything. After using Task Manager to end the frozen instance of My Computer, and removing the card, I can reopen My Computer and see the 4 blank drives again. How can I fix this so that I will actually be able to put files onto the card?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I don't know if this will help you, but it did help my XP computer see a 2 gig Sandisk SD card in a generic USB flash drive adapter. What i did was use the card in my Kodak Digital camera which puts some folders on the card. After doing this my computer was able to see the folders and be able to transfer files to and from the sandisk card.

Hope this helps,
SRX660

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I don't have a Flash Drive adapter handy, but I'll pick one up ASAP and give it a try. Also, I tried another card in the reader, an old 32 meg Canon card I had laying around, and that card functioned perfectly. Anything else I could try before I get my hands on that adapter?