Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems forwarding ports

• Please log in to reply

antiherodave

antiherodave

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
i just got my new machine up and running and now i am adding the old software onto my new system. i have a problem with port forwarding that has me pulling my hair out(what little i have left!)! i have a port open on my router that i used on my old machine for a program that shall nemain nameless. it was allways open in and out and never cause me any problems. i configured the router myself so i now the port is open. my new machine has windows vista premium home premium. the firewall config has allowed for incoming and outgoing for this program. i tried adding the actuall ports to the firewall program allowing, did not work. tried turning off the firewall, didnot work. tried turning of the avg free 8.o antivirius. port test still said not open. can someone please help????? :) :wave: i am out of ideas and think seriously of ditching this vista c.r.a.p and going back to XP! :)

Advertisements

antiherodave

antiherodave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I AM SICK OF IT ALL!!!!!! i want to go back to XP! my tech guy charge like $250 to do the bios on this machine with vista. can someone tell me step by step the proceedure for removing vista and reinstalling XP. i have the XP cd and the license key so if someone could please help me do that i would be greatly appreciative. please, please, PLEASE!!!! THIS IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK! :) :wave: :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

port test still said not open

If the test comes from "we-don't-want-to-name--this-program", then disregard it. Trust me, the port is open.

antiherodave

antiherodave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
the test came from utorrent port forwarding test. and trust me, the port is not open. i tried to d/l something and it will not budge!

antiherodave

antiherodave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
broni,
i apologize. you were halfway right. on utorrent the test says not open and it really is, but i'm still having trouble with soul seek. :)