Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM

• Please log in to reply

Chris28456

Chris28456

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Trying to build my own gaming pc and i just wanted to know what ram i should get? is this a good sethttp://www.tigerdire...mp;body=REBATES

it would be for a MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813130136

Edited by Chris28456, 21 November 2008 - 02:08 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Corsair make good memory so yeah, it should be fine.

Chris28456

Chris28456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thanks, should i get 4x2g ram (8gb),(which is the max my mobo can take) especially at such a low price .

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
It may be sensible to buy that amount of ram given the price is so low, yes. However, if you intend to run a 32 bit version of Windows, then it won't fully support anything above about 3.5GB of memory....

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
No game uses 8GB of memory, so even under a 64-bit OS, buying 8GB would not be sensible unless you have money to waste. Unless you are doing image or video editing with very, very large files, 4GB will be more than enough.