Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

• Please log in to reply

Chazz K

Chazz K

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Earlier today, I was simply going around on the net, checking things out, not running much of anything else, and I was opening a Flash game on a site I normally go to and trust highly. Suddenly, I got a Blue Screen Error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I looked up what it might be, and several pages said it might be a Memory failure. I went in and Tested my Memory using Two powerful checkers, Full tests too, and they all passed, no failures. Infact I did several checks on other parts of my hardware, and my hardware is healthy. I also read it might have been a driver issue, so I uninstalled/reinstalled my video drivers, nothing since, however, it was random.

I have a Minidump file connected to this post, and if anyone can tell me what it might be, I'd be greatful.

The Specs on my PC are as Thus.

Windows XP SP3
AMD Athalon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21 Ghz,
4 Gigs of DDR2 800 Mhz Ram (Though windows only sees 3.25)
ATI HD3850 512DDR3 Ram Pro video Card, Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1.

The Dump File is in a ZIP.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Chazz K

Chazz K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Is no one going to help at all?

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
All I could get from the dump is that the process was definitely firefox. It couldn't read the faulting driver's name... I wonder if that's because I don't have that driver. The best advice I could give you based on this information is to reinstall both firefox and Adobe Flash Player, and see if the issue happens again.

Chazz K

Chazz K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks so much for the information there, very glad to hear it was probably just FireFox or Adobe, if it happens again I'll reinstall both, but thankfully it hasn't, and I've since ran other flash games/movies and everything has been fine. Recently I had a video card burn out on me, and couldn't figure out for the life of me, what it was, till it happened. And then suddenly bam, I get that BSOD. You can see why I'd be paranoid. But for now I'll see how things go, and if it reacts that way again, I'll go ahead with uninstalling/reinstalling the programs.

Thanks again.