Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sharing the internet with XBOX Live

• Please log in to reply

ginrella

ginrella

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Recently, my son's XBOX had an IP address failure. He called XBOX support they had him check the IPconfig /all to get the IP address from my PC. We run 3 PCs and the XBOX from the same router and did not have any problems before this. Once they had him obtain the IP address from my PC, they had him enter that IP address into his XBOX. Since that time, whenever he goes live with his XBOX, I cannot get on the internet with my PC. My PC is the only affected by this.

I called XBOX suport back and they told me it is a DELL support problem. I find it hard to believe that it is just coincidental that they had him enter this IP address and since that time, we are having conflicting problems. Since then he recently tried to reset his XBOX to automatic. We are still having the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone had this problem that can offer some help?

Thank You,
Ginny

Advertisements

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
http://support.xbox....connection.aspx

ginrella

ginrella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thank YOu. I am all set. Apparently, XBOX live support had my son enter the IP Address also in a Mac Address space and it was messing up the networking.

Thanks
Ginny