Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

$300 touchscreen attachment?

• Please log in to reply

krhymestarone

krhymestarone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
has anyone ever used an add on touch screen monitor before? they retail about 300 bux and attach over your monitor itself.

if they work i want two for running cubase... i can't find any information about them though, only a link to get one

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have seen and used a Keytec touch screen before. I really did not like the small cursor that was on the screen but i could not change the Display resolution because it was not my computer. The cursor would get lost behind my fingertip and so i would have to lift my finger and retouch to get the arrow on the button for clicking. It did not help that the computer display setting was at 1280 x 1024, which made for small text and buttons on a 17 " screen. It seemed to work pretty good except for that.

For a couple hundred more you can buy a real 17 touch screen monitor . The 19 inch are getting kinda expensive at $1000, so i could see where a add-on screen would work there.

http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=1449

Heres where you can download some PDF files on using touch screens. The user's manual has some info.

http://www.magictouc...tall_guide.html

SRX660