Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have problems

• Please log in to reply

endtymez

endtymez

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so I don't know where to start. my computer clock reads 119 am right now nov 18 2005. i try to fix it and it says

an error has occured while windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com for security reasons windows can not synchronize with the server because your date does not match.

then i cant log into msn live messenger or aim, i did check my internet connection, everything fine, but my proxy isnt working/matching?

and finally my ipod shuffle will not work. i know my usb ports work, because of my keyboard and mouse, its just like the past 3 days when i plug my shuffle into the dock itunes doesnt pop up, my shuffle doesnt load into itunes, and i dont even get a taskbar icon saying can not connect which i use to be able to see, but not for the past few days.

3 questions from a computer guy, but knows nothing about them technincally, please help me, ill work with you as much as i can, dl any progs, do anything you say basically. ty in advance so much. ive heard nothing but good from this site.

an impatient angry person wishing he could use his ipod shuffle at the gym tonight, but cant, but hopefully can when these excellent people here help me,

Chris

Advertisements

endtymez

endtymez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no one?

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello endtymez and welcome to Geeks To Go

There is no need to bump/reply to your topic in such short notice, we are all volunteers here who do our best to reply to everyone on the forum. There are many reasons why you may not have got a reply and can be a simple matter of not seeing your topic or some of us may not know enough about the topic in question. If you do not get a reply within 3 days please post in the waiting room which can be found here where someone will reply back to you.

I might not be the best person to answer your questions but I will try my best for you :)

ok so I don't know where to start. my computer clock reads 119 am right now nov 18 2005

an error has occured while windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com for security reasons windows can not synchronize with the server because your date does not match

I can see you want to adjust your time to the correct time. Do you need to do this every day in order to get the correct time? If the answer is yes you will need a new cmos battery (cr2032) which will fit into the motherboard.

then i cant log into msn live messenger or aim, i did check my internet connection, everything fine, but my proxy isnt working/matching?

If your time and date is not correct this can prevent you signing into any messenger, I would get the time and date fixed and then try again :)

and finally my ipod shuffle will not work. i know my usb ports work, because of my keyboard and mouse, its just like the past 3 days when i plug my shuffle into the dock itunes doesnt pop up, my shuffle doesnt load into itunes, and i dont even get a taskbar icon saying can not connect which i use to be able to see, but not for the past few days.

If your keyboard and mouse work, then just for a test can you put your ipod shuffle into one of them ports to see if your ipod will work? If it works in one of them ports it sounds like on of your usb ports has gone down and may need to buy a usb pci card.

If you could reply back with answers to my questions I will see where I can go from there :wave:

I hope I have been of some use :help: