Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Will Not Update

• Please log in to reply

Christopss

Christopss

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey
My problem is i can not update AVG 8 and I also can not download a fresh copy form there web site.
I have also had this problem with windows live and Spy wear doctor.

I have tried to format my hard drive and reinstall windows countless times, I also disconnect all but one hard drive and tried. From one fresh install i did manage to get about 10% downloaded of AVG 8 Free. Then the internet cut out and would not let me download AVG again.

I was able to download Trend micro anti virus but nothing was detected

Could my router be giving me a virus?

Thank you to any one that helps in advance

I forgot to add that now and then on goolge. The websites i pick will be redirected about 5 times then i end up at some strange website trying to sell me stuff. Its normally Cool-book.com or overtune.com

Edited by Christopss, 22 November 2008 - 02:43 AM.

Advertisements

mscobra

mscobra

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Good Morning....I'm not an expert on this, but just went through a similar problem, but I couldn't download the windows update, nor could I get to any windows application...and the same with Google...The people here were very helpful, but everything we did, didn't help, until we figured as a last ressort to hard boot the router....I have a Netgear router and I used a paperclip to push the reset button on the back.....It worked....I had 113 updates from windows to install and everything else started to work better. If this works for you, run some anti-spy ware programs like malwarebytes afterwards to be sure..
Good Luck

Christopss

Christopss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks I will try that because i have a netgear modem too

mscobra

mscobra

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Please let me know if that works

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
You have quite a few signs of a malware infection:

Please head over to the Malware Removal section

And make sure to read HERE first before.

Edited by piano9playa5, 23 November 2008 - 08:07 AM.