Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plz help, BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Layhoma

Layhoma

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I am having this bsod on my laptop and I can't pass thru win xp logo and windows just keeps restarting and restarting. After BIOS, I was given a choice of going into either safe mode, or last good config, or start windows normally. But neither one of the choices will pass thru the win xp logo.

The error is 0x0000000A (0x00000018,0x00000002,0x00000000, 0x8050A9B7)

I didn't install any new hardware, and I tried to check for any hardware problem by unplugging ram, wireless card, modem, but the bsod keep popping up at startup.

I did, however, install new software about 2 days before this bsod happened, but since I can't log into windows, I can't uninstall it.

I also tried to repair windows xp by booting the system with my win xp CD, but once I select " repair windows..... type R", another bsod came up. the error code is this: 0x0000000A (0x5F5F4349, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x807C396C).

I am totally stuck now. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello Layhoma,

Have a look at the following article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

Layhoma

Layhoma

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello mankinu1der2,

I looked at microsoft's article, but it doesn't help much. I tried unplugged unnecessary hardwares, but same error still showed up. I tried to repair windows xp, and the bsod still showed up.

Layhoma

Layhoma

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can anyone help? Thanks