Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows updates

• Please log in to reply

tuufulhundin

tuufulhundin

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hello

I have windows and microsoft office and I am not able to install updates, I havent updated since august.

Now I am having other issues with my pc, and I am not at all confident that I would do the right thing even with all the self help stuff on here.

Recently I installed Avast from this website, even though it is supposed to be able to work with outlook, I was notable to access email unless I turned avast off, so I recently took it out.................

Can anyone help?

Oh yes and when I am trying to update my pc it asks me to put in a disk, but I dont have a disk asn it is a laptop and all the stuff was already installed on it??????????????

Thanks so much.

Kathryn

Advertisements

mohater

mohater

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hello

I have windows and microsoft office and I am not able to install updates, I havent updated since august.

Now I am having other issues with my pc, and I am not at all confident that I would do the right thing even with all the self help stuff on here.

Recently I installed Avast from this website, even though it is supposed to be able to work with outlook, I was notable to access email unless I turned avast off, so I recently took it out.................

Can anyone help?

Oh yes and when I am trying to update my pc it asks me to put in a disk, but I dont have a disk asn it is a laptop and all the stuff was already installed on it??????????????

Thanks so much.

Kathryn

Where are you running windows update from? The Microsoft website, or running the windows update tool through windows? Does the same thing happen for updates for Office and Windows? Are you sure you have legit keys for Office and Windows?

Have you uninstalled avast or just turned it off?

tuufulhundin

tuufulhundin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
ok so yesterday my husband had a bright idea, he put in the disk for microsoft that he had got from Uni, and it helped us overcome the problem, it installed the update that it was stuck on and then I went onto the Microsoft website and downloaded a further 20 updates.

I think him seeing my post with everyhting written down and your questions after must have jogged his memory somehow, we have talked about this many times..................anyway, thanks for your help.

I had totally uninstalled Avast btw, so now I am running systemsuite and windows defender...........if you could give me pointers as to what else we can download that is better, we had been running s[ysweeper but that subscription has just run out and it let in some kind of virus recently anyway............

Thanks for your help in the whole jogging thing, God bless you.

Kathryn