Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird text format

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey guys and girls.

I've recently been sent two documents in my email. One with directions and one with seperate details. One of the opens fine, but the other is displaying this sort of thing;
XKnDU
A*)Yăښl 1iJ/z,'nVK~ϲ)am j0HuT9bx<9X
Q
8AO1~qk 6<A%5}*` kI)_:%1ٜIs
` C]9N{#kVEWaI_raiN_UZB_%D[S+?#@[.z9>$N{9+P9Y vuG DoRwͳ
Iʊ~8WZ"V0}>uQwHo

What the... is that rofl.

PS. This is very important, I need to know what this says :)

many thanks, simon.

Advertisements

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Would help to know what the file type or format actually is. In other words, what are the last three letters after the period in the filename?

For example, Word documents take the form FILENAME.DOC, MS Publisher documents are shown as FILENAME.PUB, etc.

Let us know what filetype your problem document is. It may simply be the case that it was created with an application that isn't installed on your PC. Or perhaps you do have the application but the document was created with a much newer version of it than the one you have.

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Its .doc :) but its the same as the other and that one works fine