Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the all-time battle

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
If you're trying to learn as much as you can, GeekU would be an extremely valuable experience for you, imho. That's the main reason that I'm doing it - for the experience (tho I certainly want to help as many people as I possibly can in the process!)

Advertisements

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
how do i get to it?
i definitely want to do it...oh, and just out of curiosity, if you "nuke" something, using linux i believe, do you have to run another software to make the formatted drive usable again?

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Click here to read about and join GeekU. It can take a few days to get processed, so be patient.

Are you talking about the Boot and Nuke program? I don't believe you need anything special...I'm pretty sure that just the Window's setup will format it (although I can't recall if I have actually ever setup Windows on a drive that's been nuked.)

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
um...i filled out the application, but i kinda think it might be over my head...but, you never know till you try...

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
The teachers here at GeekU are excellent. They know that you will make mistakes, and they will help you. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine. :)

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i hope so...im always bored, so this would give me somethin to do...not that thats all i want to do it for, i mean, i do love computers...

Edited by drmoneejd, 03 December 2008 - 05:45 PM.