Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or no connectivity

• Please log in to reply

rexy2007

rexy2007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been getting a "limited or no connectivity" message when I connect to my NETGEAR wireless router. I can get the internet to work if I have the network cord plugged into the computer, but it will not work with wireless. Other computers will connect to the same router just fine using wireless. I do not have a problem connecting to and using other wireless networks. I have tried some of the suggestions with releasing and renewing ipconfig and they have not worked. I have also reset the router multiple times. Please help.

Here is what it says for ipconfig:

connection specific dns suffix:
autoconfiguration IP address: 169.254.108.121
subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
default gateway:

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi rexy2007,
Let's go through a couple of things to eliminate possibilities of fault. I'm assuming this is a laptop,correct me if I'm wrong. Does your unit have a button or switch somewhere that enables you toggle your wireless on and off? Look to see if the wireless icon is next to any switch or button, if so, change the position to the ON state. Also, have you verified your wireless network device is working in device manager?

rexy2007

rexy2007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got the problem taken care of. Thanks