Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a good gaming headset

• Please log in to reply

AniDanny

AniDanny

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've been looking for a good gaming headset, and I've come across several that I like, but also mixed reviews on them.

Firstly, the Turtle Beach X-52 http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826502007
This is interesting, as it's a 5.1 surround sound that, according to the reviews, actually works pretty well. Most of the reviews said it was the best sound-quality headset they'd ever owned. Unfortunately, most of those same reviews said it was the worst manufacturing-quality as well, with the best reviews I saw saying it lasted a whole five months. I'm not sure if these are people who are rough with their equipment, or if even the gentlest people will eventually break this.

Second, the Plantronics Gamecom 367 http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826265064
This is one of Newegg's highest rated headsets, and is fairly cheap as well. I like the design, with the hideaway mic and the big squishy earpieces, but the concept of 5.1 is still a bit too alluring for this to be an easy decision.

I've also heard good things about Sennheiser, but it seems like all their headsets are pretty expensive...

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should get? I like the X-52, but don't want to have to buy another one in half a year. Is there anything else out there like it that's a similar product/price but more durable? If not, is the Gamecom a good choice?

Advertisements