Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web Streaming and Site Passwords

• Please log in to reply

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Please help, I've scoured the Web for answers to the below and couldn't find any answers here or elsewhere for 2 things I thought would be a breeze to find tutorials on (if not a breeze to actually accomplish)...

1. I have a website. I would like to stream some .flv files onto my site. I have NO idea how to do this. I do NOT want to use a site like YouTube and embed the files, b/c I need to keep these file somewhat private. The question: HOW do I stream my videos onto my website?

2. I need to create INDIVIDUAL passwords for each person who views these videos - that way I know exactly WHO is viewing (and, perhaps, who gave out their password if I'm getting a lot of hits).
So, a) how do I create a password-protected Web page for the above videos?
b) Er, How do I keep track of this in my Website statistics? Will each password have its own page?

And, finally, is there an EASIER way to do what I need to do?

Advertisements