Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Product key

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Microsoftboy

Microsoftboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

How to get the product key for windows XP, to be frank my Pc is Custom built one and i paid a Local tech to install XP in it & he installed XP entering some product key which shows that its not Genuine. which i tought i am paying for a Genuine OSand now the Tech is no more & here i am with a OS which is not Genuine for which i have paid the exact price thinking its Genuine,i have also called Microsoft on the same but they didnt help.Could any one help me on this issue.

Advertisements

Virus killin' man

Virus killin' man

• Pip
  • 5 posts
He used a Product Key that had already been maxed out. You got scammed badly. I would make him refund your money because doing that isn't right. You need a Valid Product Key. Though the Geeks to Go community cannot give you a free product key to make your Operating System Genuine.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Correct indeed.
Unfortunately, we are unable to help you any further on this site, as we have a strict policy we adhere to in only helping people who have legitmate copies of Windows. Thank you for understanding