Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstalling touch pad?

• Please log in to reply

hairpsycho

hairpsycho

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For one reason or another, my daughter decided she wanted to put her wireless mouse on my laptop. Believe me, I'm beyond frustrated. However, now the laptop doesn't recognize my original touch pad application. I am sure that I am making this way more difficult then it needs to be, and really do need an easy solution. I need to uninstall her mouse (when this is done I have no mouse at all :)).
Can someone please help me? I like to think I'm computer literate, but I'm doubting myself at this point and am about to take her mouse and feed it to the cats! LOL
Thank you in advance for any help!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You may find that if you unplug the mouse the touchpad will work again. The mouse will be a USB one anyway so just plug it back in if needs be and it'll continue to work.

hairpsycho

hairpsycho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've done this numerous times hoping, keeping my fingers crossed. And without the mouse nothing will move. I don't know if there was an option when she plugged them in to make them primary over touchpad or not. i've even shut down, without them plugged in, and turned back on. I've restored back to a prior date. There is no recognition of the touchpad :)

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
What is the make and model of your laptop? By visiting the manufacturer's website, you can download and install the touchpad drivers, which should restore functionality and make everything okay. :)