Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD data recovery

• Please log in to reply

kfoster

kfoster

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello,
I don't know which topic my question belong in, but this seem the closest. If I in the wrong area please direct me to the correct one. My question is about recovering lost files on a CD. I downloaded a few from the net, but they were not effective. Either they fail to scan, don't recognized my CD drive and hang the program or they scan, find the lost files but fail to display them. Is there a Data recovery program that I can download that work? I know that I might how to pay for it, I just trying to find one that will be able to scan my CD properly, give me a list of the files so that I can recovered them.

Thanks for any help
Kirk

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
First of all, what happened? All of sudden, one CD became unreadable?
Can you read other CDs?

kfoster

kfoster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Don't know, I was using Roxio to save my musics and photos on my CD and after saving some files I used their eject feature. I don't know if it tried to do some kind of update before ejecting the CD, but the drive became active and it seem to be writing something but the disc didn't eject. The eject button feature was grey out so I had to hit the eject button on the drive to remove the disc.
Later when I try to look at my filesunder window explorer, it bring up my folders but it said that they are empty. So that where I stand at that moment. I know the files are there, I just can't view them. I put other CD that I make and I can read and write to them, so my drive seem to be working fine. It just happen on this one disc when I tried to eject it.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try Recuva: http://www.recuva.com/