Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft money 2006 program

• Please log in to reply

tuufulhundin

tuufulhundin

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
OK so I have been using this program with no major hiccups for a number of years, but just recently when looking at our budget in the program to see how we are doing at sticking to it, there are duplicate transactions, however I am not able to delete them as I have not got that option and when I look at them in detail they appear to be coming from a ghost accout?

can anyone out there help?

Thanks

Kathryn

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I've been using Microsoft Money for about 10 years. Went through several versions. I'm currently using 2007. In the past, I have had a similar problem, where recurring bills I have listed appear more than once. If I attempt to delete one, it would delete both. The bills would NOT count against my money twice; it would just be listed twice in the bills listing.

What I did was a very time consuming process of re-creating my Money file. It got rid of the problem, plus sped up how long it takes for me to switch between pages, so it was defintiely worth it.

Here is a link that will hopefully have some information to help you:

http://money.mvps.or...rticle/250.aspx

Step 1 corrected my problem for a while, but then after about a month, the problem reappeared. Step 5 is the step I'm talking about that took a while to perform, but was well worth it.