Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IEEE1394 Video Capture Port Problem

• Please log in to reply

techsupportdad

techsupportdad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My IEEE1394 port has suddenly decided to malfunction.

A few weeks ago I simply plugged my DV Camera into the computer and XP recognised the camera and opened Windows Movie Maker to allow capture from the tape.

Now when I plug exactly the same camera and cable in the computer takes about 2 minutes to recognise the camera and then every operation takes another 2 minutes until it finally crashes.

The only significant software change I have made is a "free" upgrade to Norton Protection Centre 2009 from the 2008 version. (I probably should know better). I have tried diasabling all Norton activities but this does not seem to help.

Before I uninstall Norton has anybody had similar problems and is there any testing I can do to check that there is not some strange software conflict going on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the IEEE1394 driver without effect.

I have also done a full scan using the aforesaid Norton and detected no threats.

Advertisements