Let me list what I find to be not right:
1) after rebooting, I get the message "SmartWi Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close"(this is a wireless utility that came with my VAIO Laptop but I guess I don't needed because I can still conect wirelessly to my router after I close the program)
2) from scratch, it takes a good 13-15 minutes for all the applications on Startup to load (which includes MSN, AVG antivirus, Superantispyware, HP digital imaging monitor, and other minor applications.
3) even after that happens, it still looks like the computer is running something in the background
4) after clicking on Internet Explorer, it takes at least 3 minutes of "nothing" for the computer to read "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close", on the last message I was able to copy this comment under Error Signature, I hope it means something to you.
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16735 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0223cb9e
5) after closing IE, I am able to open it normally (and that's how I get to talk to you)
6) Please help!!!!