Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet running slow on my pc, but only on mine.

• Please log in to reply

Gunz

Gunz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
The internet speed, not the browser, but my actual speed is running so slow most webpages wont even load before timing out. It was working fine last night. The internet also runs fine on every other computer in the house, im posting on my laptop. What can i do to fix this? Ive tried reseting my router, repairing the connection using windows repair option. I dont know what else to do. Do i have a virus?

Advertisements

Gunz

Gunz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I really appreciate the speed and thought given to everyones responses!!! in the mean time i have received no response, but ive watched many topics created just minutes ago get 2-4 responses instantly!! there are tons of people on and browsing, Geekstogo used to be awesome and offer great advice, but over the years has EXTREMELY gone to crap. I will not be returning anytime soon until i see a more positive trend in the network, I have built many computers since joining Geekstogo, and i don't have many post because there are millions of computer owners out there that all share common problems, so i see no need to post when a problem has already been solved. Thanks guys for the lack of interest and support you provide. Have a great holiday season.

10Ck3D

10Ck3D

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
http://www.bleepingc...topic87058.html
this is a tutorial on what to do when your computer/browser starts to become slower than usual

this helped me when my web pages didn't want to load:

Open Regedit (Start->Run REGEDIT) and browse to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects

If you get there, you will see few keys (look like folders) that are in numbers and alphabets.
Delete all of them. ex. {333URHGRIHR84594U3U2HHB4Y}

the registry is very important to your computer please go file->export in regedit

basically exporting a copy of your registry will ensure that if something goes wrong you maybe able to go back to previous settings

hopefully this helps :)