Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sorting list of bookmarks using Firefox

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I <used> to be able to sort alphabetically the list of bookmarks that appears along the right side of my web page by Right Clicking a bookmark item and then selecting Sort. But, for some reason, when I right click one of the bookmarks now I <do not > see the option Sort. What 's going on? Thanks.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What version of FF are you using? Are you click on bookmarks...and then rightclicking on the folders you have established?

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
<<What version of FF are you using? Are you click on bookmarks...and then rightclicking on the folders you have established? >>

Firefox 5.0. And, yes, I am rightclicking but don't see SORT as an option. Strange.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I wonder if there is a limit (that I may be exceeding) to the <number> of links one can have in the side listing.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Do you have folders set up? Such as books, newspapers, movies, etc.? that will bring up the word sort when you right-click on it. However, if you just click on a bookmark in your drop-down menu, you won't get them sorted. Now, you can go to organize bookmarks when you first click on bookmarks. Would that do what you need to have done?