Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp psc 1400 printer

• Please log in to reply

kenny_turner52

kenny_turner52

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Every time i print something, the staus screen say printing but it wont until i restart computer. i have uninstalled and re-installed numerous time but get same result

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. So when you restart the printer, you can print straight away, but after a while it doesn't?

Are there any related errors in the System Event Viewer?

Troy

kenny_turner52

kenny_turner52

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
No. When you pull up the printer status it show printing. No errors or anything. Nothing happens. But if i restart, as soon as windows load, the file automatically starts printing. But then if i go back to print something say like a hour later i have to repeat the process again

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
How have you uninstalled and reinstalled it? Have you actually removed the device, completely uninstall all related HP software, rebooted, and installed again with the latest software from the HP website?

kenny_turner52

kenny_turner52

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yes sir. numerous times. actually when i do, it will work but if i try to print like the next day. same result. Its like something that is required to operate printer turns off

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
It does sound like your printer service is being turned off.

Is there any information about it in the Event Viewer? (I'm pretty sure the printer service is called spoolsv or something like that).

Also you could check out the Device Manager, make sure that your computer isn't turning the printer off after a period of inactivity.

Troy