Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange backspace behaviour...

• Please log in to reply

Fencer

Fencer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Sorry if this topis wasn't supposed to be here, but I couldn't find a better topic. My problem might seem riculously simple, but I've beem trying to solve it without any success:

When writing on MS Word (Win XP, Office 2003), if I press the backspace button, letters I've written will be deleted - as they should. If I select an entire word or phrase in the middle of the text and press backspace, however, nothing will happen. Alternatively, if I select a block of text and start typing, it would usually replace the selected block, right? Wrong! Not anymore. It will only insert what I'm writing wherever the cursor is placed. I tried to press the insert button, but nothing changed.

To make things more odd, I can write normally here on IE, but the backspace won't work as it should when I'm working with Adobe Photoshop, for instance.

Am I being a jerk or there is something you experts can help me with?

Thanks in advance for your terrific help - I'm sure.

Advertisements

Draygoes

Draygoes

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Friend,
Please stop asking if you are being a jerk. There is no shame in asking for help. Ever.

About your problem,
Have you tried pluging in a new keyboard? Does this happen in ALL programs, or just those few?