Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Windows 3.1 on Wireless

• Please log in to reply

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Is there anyway to put a Windows 3.1 computer on wireless? I have been told by a GooglegRoup to use an ethernet wireless bridge, but I still don't think they make drivers for it under 16-bit. The computer has no USB ports, I'd about have to use a serial, parrellel, or ethernet because I thought have anything else.

Thanks,

Advertisements

woohoofulness

woohoofulness

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Win 3.1 one on wireless. dont joke so much!

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I've heard it is possible but you do need usb ports for it. Then there's another problem. 3.1 needs drivers for usb ports. You can find em but i dont know where.

good luck!

by the way, nice experiment.
it would be cool if it worked!

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
try getting usb drivers on limewire or so.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Yeah, I think I migt be able to find the USB drivers, the wireless drivers will be the hard part! I just thought I'd had some fun, and get Netscape 2 back alive. :tazz:

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
once you get USB drivers, most of the problem will be done with.
like you said, the wireless drivers will be the hard part.

good luck with it man and keep it up!

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I found an old B 728KBPS wireless. Aparently one of the first ones. It says it comes with drivers for 3.1, 95, and 98. It goes in to a PCI slot. It's buy $10 on Overstock Autcutions. I think I'll give it a shot. This will be compatible with my 54MBPS network, right?

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
yup, i think it should..

cool man! ;) :tazz:

fretinator

fretinator

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A wireless bridge does not need a driver. I have a wireless ethernet bridge. You connect a ethernet cable from you computer to the bridge and it puts your wired computer on the wireless network. I have connected bsd, linux, dos and windows 3.1 computers to a wireless network this way. The hard part was getting an ethenet driver for my pcmcia card (plus the pccard services) under win 3.1, but I did get a 3com lan card working. Get a bridge on ebay, much cheaper.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Man, by the time I had an account set up, it was already bought. ;) So, I'll look into your idea fretinator. And welcome! :tazz: