Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.exe does not open on startup

• Please log in to reply

Thusday

Thusday

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It started 2 days ago, my logged off my parents user account and logged into my own. It was taking a really long time to log in so i had a feeling something was not right, and low and behold i am logged in and there are no icons or startmenu or taskbar. I am perplaxed, natually i notice that my explorer is gone so i start up my task manger in hopes to restore it by creating it new under "new task", however, before i even get there, a popup appears telling my that EXPLORER.EXE has encountered a problem and needed to shut down. I send an error report (those things are useless i swear). Again i attempt to start a new explorer but that does not work. Something called drwatson or something also pops up a few times with error reporting. So that same day i run 4 malware scans. found infections and trojans and whatnot and removed them. Restarted that computer on every single run, no avail.

Day 2, start up the computer in attempts to rid the problem. uses HaijackThis, no problems to be seen. Downloads AVG anti virus, found problems removed them, rebooted, no avail. I defragment my computer and do a disk cleanup. Nada. Next i schudle a disk check, shuts down my computer. When i restart it it does a disk checkup for 5 hours, does not help.

Day 3 (today) i start up my computer and starts searching for answers online again, however, i cannot open my of my browers or anything for that matter without getting frozen. I go to the library.

So i am here now, will anyone tell me what's going on and help me out?!!? I'm at my wits end, i'm off from school for 4 days for thanksgiving and i would just really like to relax.

Advertisements