Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get to the recovery console

• Please log in to reply

oggow

oggow

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone, this is my 1st time here and I was wondering if someone can give me a hand, yesterday my laptop was hit with a virus and I tried to run my anivirus scan but then it came up with a blue screen and died, tried restarting my system but it kept coming up with disk read error press ctrl alt del, then I tried to boot to the recovery console but nothing is happening at all, just get a blank black screen, removed the HDD from my loptop and slaved it to another machine, i can see the drive but can't access it. Can any one help please :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Welcome to geeks to go

A few questions

To clarify. What is the OS of the laptop?
What is the OS of the other computer? Because a OS with Fat/Fat 32 can't see NTFS file system. Assuming your laptop is a NTFS file system.

Have you tried booting in to safe mode?

oggow

oggow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thinks 123runner for the speedy reply, my OS is XP and the other machine is XP too, I can't get to the safe mode menu boot

oggow

oggow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My laptop is an HP 4200 tablet PC