Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to view the same email accounts via windows live mail in two diffe

• Please log in to reply

Ted-T

Ted-T

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My system is WIN/XP-SP3. My wife as her own WINXP login as I do I. For months I have had a configuration that allows me to have the OE6 configuration in my account “see” all our email accounts (four) including the one my wife employs.

So in my user login I can see all four accounts and in her login I can see her account, as she only employs her own. In my login, I see four email accounts: email-1, email-2, email-3 and email-4. In her account I can see email-4

Now for the saga as OE6 went belly up for some inexplicable reason. And while I have some measure of skill and tinkered for a while, I could not deduce a suitable fix.

In desperation, I loaded and activated the Windows Live Mail software and then activated all four email accounts in my user login space. (Yes, along the way, I recovered all emails from the OE DBX files via the DBXpress software product.)

Next I logged into my wife’s account but could not access any files with the recovered emails. As a matter of fact WLM would not allow me to activate an already activated email account in her login space indicating that it could not change the registry. Yes, I played with the Store Folder option in WLM. Along the way I saved and copied emails and also moved all the identities into a common space on a disk and into an area other than C:\Documents and Settings\user name\. The new store is I:\WLM Store, with sub-folders for all four email accounts.

At this moment, I can see my three email accounts in my login space, but I must log off my user id and login to my wife’s user id to see and access her email account.

Is there a solution path for me or is the nature of WLM that nothing will work?[/size][/size]

Advertisements